1. Fergusson DM, Boden JM, Horwood L. Tests of Causal Links Between Alcohol Abuse or Dependence and Major Depression. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2009; 66(3):260-266. doi:10.1001/archgenpsychiatry.2008.543.
2. Jané-Llopis E. Matytsina I Mental health and alcohol, drugs and tobacco: a review of the comorbidity between mental disorders and the use of alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs. Drug Alcohol Rev 2006; 25 (6) 515- 536
3. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Office of Applied Studies. The Relationship Between Mental Health and Substance Abuse Among Adolescents. (SMA) 99-3286. Rockville, MD: SAMHSA, 1999.
4. Hanna EZ, Hsiao-ye Y, Dufour MC, et al. The relationship of drinking and other substance use alone and in combination to health and behavior problems among youth ages 12-16: Findings from the Third National Health and Nutrition Survey (NHANES III). Paper presented at the 23rd Annual Scientific Meeting of the Research Society on Alcoholism, June 24-29, 2000, Denver, CO.
5. Windle M, Miller-Tutzauer C, Domenico D. Alcohol use, suicidal behavior, and risky activities among adolescents. J Res Adolesc 2(4):317-330, 1992.
6. Cooper M.L, Orcutt H.K. Drinking and sexual experience on first dates among adolescents. Journal of Abnormal Psychology. 1997;106:191–202.
7. Cooper M.L, Pierce R.S, Huselid R.F. Substance use and sexual risk taking among black adolescents and white adolescents. Health Psychology. 1994;13:251–262.
8. Virkkunen, M., & Linnoila, M. Serotonin and glucose metabolism in impulsively violent alcoholic offenders. In: Stoff, D.M., & Cairns, R.B., eds. Aggression and Violence. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum, 1996. pp. 87-100.
9. Department of Health and Human Services. _Healthy People 2010._ 2nd ed. With Understanding and Improving Health and Objectives for Improving Health. 2 vols. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, November 2000. P. 26–20.
10. Linakis, James K. "Predictive Validity of a 2-Question Alcohol Screen at 1-, 2-, and 3-Year Follow-Up." Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network, vol. 143, no. 3, Mar. 2019, pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/143/3/e20182001.full